A Quickie to the Daly

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

A Quickie to the Daly

Post by Bullet »

Well with all the talk of people being lazzy and not posting I thought I'd better get off my arse & chuck up a quick report :grin:

My partner was keen to head down to the Daly last weekend to have a look at the arts festival at the Daly river comunity and to do a bit of camping. I managed to do a bit of wheeling and dealing and we came up with a plan we're both happy with. Fishing on Saturday and arty farty stuff on Sunday :mrgreen:

We headed of on Saturday morning in the Disco with the Hornet in tow and arrived at the ramp a bit before lunch. It was only to be a relaxing short session so we only went down as far as Brown's Creek and began trolling the deep green water around the red clay cliffs.

After a few passes over an old hornt I was on to my first fish which conveniantly rose straight to the surface and out of the snag for me. A solid fight then 75cm of saltie baz was in the net :catch: A quick pic and he was released to fight another day ( I was relaxing and couldn't be bothered filiting fish) :rofl: He fell victom to my favorit lure, a +15 Barra classic 120 in chartruse bling.

We contiued to smash the deep snags but our luck had run out, only managed a small powertail that was chewed half way in by a shark. So after a few :drinking2: and some bickie's and dip we headed back to Stuew's Daly River Barra resort rolled out the double swag and cooked up a feed. Once the sun went down it cooled off nicely, I love camping in the dry.

Headed to the arts festival on Sunday where we watch some of the locals hit it out in a game of footy and checked out some local art. The highlite of the day though was the chookie dancers from Alco Island, they were a real laugh. All in all a good weekend and we might even do it again next year.

Cheers bullet :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
lincoln
Seadog
Seadog

Post by lincoln »

Nice work there mate a good solid fish. Sounds like a good way to spend the weekend. Have to get down there myself soon!

cheers
cjgp
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by cjgp »

Good going Bullet, a fish and some culture in one weekend!!

I was thinking of hitting the Daly on the weekend. Still might,

Chris
ntfishn
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ntfishn »

Great stuff Bullet... I was down there myself that weekend.. Had a few flicks off the crossing for zip ... I saw a 92cm caught on the Friday and then a 91cm on the Saturday.. but fishing was very slow... especially after the arse dropped out with the water temp..
Timbo :mrgreen:
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Yeah nice report and some good pics bullet...good fishing...

(Chookie Dancers = National Treasure lol)
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
fff1964
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

WELL DONE MATE

Post by fff1964 »

Kept the missus happy and still got to go fishing,mmmmmmmm food for thought.

Have a good one.