Shoal Bay Sunday 7th March

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Shoal Bay Sunday 7th March

Post by maxpower »

Gday

There's been some amazing fishing reports on here the past week. Enough to get anyone excited. My report from today is no-where near as spectacular but it was a truly enjoyable days fishing. One of my favourites in the past few years up here.

Decided to head over to Shoal Bay for a look close to home as Ive got lots of travel trips coming up. I haven't fished shoal bay in my boat before only in mates boats so was pretty pumped. Hit Buff Creek nice and early and was waved past by a few big rigs waiting for the tide on the ramp. Dropped her in and joined the masses in the creek waiting for the tide to run in. A top bloke there who was heading out crabbing was practicing his cast netting and duly filled it with nice 15cm tarpon which he passed over the side to us. So with a bucket full of livies and the tide running in we were off. Took out a couple of blokes from work that are only here for a few weeks and were super keen to lose their barra-ginity.

We headed straight to the Little Howard only hitting one sandbar along the way :surf: and settled into a likely spot. Within minutes of the first cast Dicko was on and landed his first ever barra at 63cm. Very happy lad! :catch: Next cast and he was on again this time a 69cm version. While all this was going on Kyle had dropped a good fish and had another brief encounter with a barra spitting the hook. I thought it was about time I got a line in! Within minutes it was my turn and a nice 63cm graced the deck. Kyle dropped another and was starting feel pretty down as it all went quiet. We sat it out for an hour when talk of heading off was interrupted by a splash and nice 69cm fish staying hooked on Kyles rod and his first ever fish was netted. A boat full of pumped fishos! We pulled the pick and headed off.

Top day on the water. Geez I love living in the Territory!

Nice to have a March barra on the board after a disappointing February but hope to upgrade it down the Daly. Heading off Thursday for 4 days for a trip planned a year ago with a few mates heading up. Hope the Daly fires soon.

Cheers.

:cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

Nice work Maxpower,
It's a great feeling putting your mates onto their first barra!! :mrgreen:
Good luck down the Daly. :fishing:
Cheers Muntzy.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
max
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by max »

good on yas sounds like some happy chappies,I hope you slay em at the Daly :fishing:
maxpower
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by maxpower »

pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slug
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by slug »

We were up there a few days earlier - same deal, we saw plenty of fish but not much to be exited about size wise (don't know where all the 85-95's are??).
Longrass
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longrass »

Good job mate, nothing wrong with your report, enough to make plenty of people jealous aye
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

A good day out close to home :mrgreen:

"don't know where all the 85-95's are??"

Dont worry Slug, a bit early yet, Usually fires in April :mrgreen:
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Awesome report Max P. Makes me want to get out to SB!!!
Cheers
Mud
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Nice report Maxpower nothing wrong with that catch specially when you only just down the road to Buff Creek and in the water.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens