Shady Love

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Shady Love

Post by Ernie »

Hit Shady on Sun with mate Ray and Andrew with plans to fish the fresh and hopefully snag my Jan barra and then on Monday upto the dead forest for a look on the big tides and then were ever.
Flogged and trawled the fresh for hrs for absolutely zip :banghead: :-( so made the call to hit the salt and get parked up for the night.
Made an dubious attemp to get thru the cutting but failed 300 odd mtrs past the junction with a large tree trunk blocking us, decided that going back and around was better than sitting there for hrs(good reversing practice aswell) :rofl: :rofl:

Got to the mouth and had a :chef2: :drinking1: :drinking2: and tossed up what to do,around the front to Tommy's and maybe Marsh,another boat came past and said they were going the other way, after bashing and getting drenched and spotting some ordinary looking water ahead we decided that around Pt Stuart was a way better idea :bonk: :bonk:
Once around the point the water was good and we blasted towards Love Ck (never been before) and parked ourselves up for the night.
Had a few flicks for 1 nice threadie a few of :drinking2: :drinking2: and called it a night.
Awoke around 4am to the sound of fish boofing speradically,and a short time later I was on to a nice fish,give me some greif in the current but eventually a nice 88cm baz hit the deck 8-) none for Jan but a good start to Feb.
Thinking we were in for a good session but not to be, 1000 cast's later and not another fish sighted :banghead: :-( and with newbie Andrew depleteing the tackle box and minus a rod it was time for a change.
Decided to troll back to the mouth and see what happens, missing 3 fish on the first run (I called 1 for a snag, but a few seconds later it left a hole in the water the size of a bus ) :banghead: :banghead: :-(
No more encouragement needed for another run, before we new it Ray was on, but to what?? rod doubled over in anger line peeling off :shock: no matter what we did 5 + mins later we still hadn't seen colour and Ray could not lift it's head.Around 10 mins in Ray's called it for a jewy maybe as its was all head down bum up but still no colour!!!
Well it hit the fan a few minutes later when a horse of a barra breifly surfaced and ploughed down again (hooked in dorsal fin) our butts puckered and the fun was on, Ray was near on a wreck but after some nifty work with the rod we slid the net under her 8-) 8-) 8-)
The brag mate said 126cm 8-) a few photies and back she went, but 20 min later it was not to be, she didn't kick at all,we think the extended fight had done to much damage :-( :-( :-( Not the ending we wanted but what do ya do???
After the nerves quietened down it was time to get Andrew on to a fish and just above the barrage he was on, but the fish ploughed him straight into the trees 99% of the time it would be over, but the fish swam straight back out into the waiting net :bow: :bow:
All on the board picked up a few smaller jobs on the way out (released)
and headed home ,had the obligatory cast s at the barrage and we were well and truly done.
The first opening day I've done, the weather sort of behaved as did the fish and the bourbon was always cold :drinking2: only saw 1 other boat until we were 1/2 back to the barrage :drinking1: :drinking1:
Will stick photo's up tonight
Last edited by Ernie on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Sounds like a good trip after all.
Can't wait to see the pics.

Have a good day,
Pecheur
smoking reels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smoking reels »

126cm!! :clap: Great report!! I'm getting pumped for some Shady action!!
Bring on the BIG GIRLS!!! 8-)
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

great report earnie.....fanging for pics!!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

the fillets from that one will be thick as! I reckon the big girls taste the same as smaller ones so if they cark it in the fight no stress, feed the whole family rather then the sharks. Top post.
lincoln
Seadog
Seadog

Post by lincoln »

Great post Ernie what a way to start the season! sounds like the big opening day frenzy didnt eventuate? your mate must have been stoked with that horse hope there is one of them waiting down there for me this year!
cheers
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bullet »

Top work Ernie 8-) 8-)
What was the big girl hooked on?
Were you guy's trolling the mouth of love or the tree line on the way back to sampan?

Cheers bullet. :mrgreen:
Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

Top Stuff Ernie,
great to hear that you got on to some great fish and a good score for Feb, well done. Looking forward to the photos especially the whale 126cm orrrrrsomme! :bow:

Doors Off :drinking1:
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

:naughty: Your teasing us Ernie, Telling us about the big one and then posting pics later :naughty:

:smoking: Cant wait for the pics :fishy:

Good Report Ernie :cool:
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Awesome work Ernie! I was thinking about doing the opening trip but couldn't really afford to take time off work at this stage. The blokes I was going with still headed out early Monday morning and did it tough. Only landed 7 rats for the day all being back near the barrage. Would be interested to know how much water was pumping out? Guessing the majority wuld have been tidal water as the blokes I mentioned said there was bugger all water around..? Top effort and well worth it by the sounds!

Cheers
Moonman
:drinking1:
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Sorry for the wait on the photo's wrote up big story last and the BL**DY internet dropped out :evil: :evil:
Bullet caught trawling up from the mouth to the barrage in Love on a Stiffy
Road in wasn't bad, couple of washouts which were marked water was around the bottom of the measuring table the main barrage and a few of the top ones looked the goods but didnt see a fish landed?
:drinking1: :drinking1:
PS Forgot to mention the whole lot bar the first min or so is on video 8-)
haven't seen it yet but supposed to be P#SS funny, a well oiled barra machine :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Will try post it or some stills when i get a copy :drinking1: :drinking1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ernie on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
Sconik
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Sconik »

:shock: :shock: Holy cr.p Ernie!!! . . . . . that's Freakin' HUGE!

Great effort, great post. Well done mate. :mrgreen:
Billster
Seadog
Seadog

Post by Billster »

Damn good work what a cracker.
Billy
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" - Seize the day, trust as little as possible in tomorrow. (Horace)
or if all else fails
"C'est la vie"-Sh*t Happens
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

What a ripper fish,pics and post mate :mrgreen: Unreal effort thats great to see it rewarded.
shelloz
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shelloz »

Very nice fish!

Thanks for sharing. :mrgreen:
Shelloz

Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut.