09 Barra challenge achieved

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Dave M
Gold Member
Gold Member

09 Barra challenge achieved

Post by Dave M »

Well the mission was to get a December barra early, as there is no telling what the weather will be like on my next R & R. After a session at Sadgroves yesterday provided little action I decided for a look at East Arm. The plan was to get in early and try some rock bars down the bottom and work my way back up into the creeks as the tide dropped and if I could get a fish early I would get out and finish off some jobs at home before heading back to work tomorrow. The plan worked.
I launched at the Elizabeth ramp just a bit before seven and head down the bottom to a set of rocks up against the bank. They we just starting to come out of the water as I arrived. A couple of casts produced a few bumps in close by small fish. After only about 10 minutes a December barra hit the Little lucy about 5 meters out from the rocks. He pull hard in the current trying to get back amongst the rocks but after a short but solid fight I guided him into the net and at 66cm allows me to successfully complete the 2009 Barra challenge. I had a few more casts for a couple of small bumps and a bream off about 4 inch before deciding to get back and keep in the wife’s good books but doing the jobs I had promised to do this break.
I am looking forward to getting out a couple more times before the end of the month as these trips will be with my # one fishing buddy who will be home for a couple of weeks over Christmas.

:cheers:

PS,
Can I claim that I "finished" first. :lol:
Just kidding…..
To the guys and girls who are 11 from 11 so far good luck and I hope you get your fish.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Congrats Dave well done thats a great effort :mrgreen: :grin: :cheers:
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Good work Dave. I think the mantle of "First" is yours.

Congrats!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
rossco
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by rossco »

Well done. The barra a month challenge is just that - a challenge. Being 1st cab off the rank is a solid effort. cheers
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

Post by meterclubwannabe »

well done on achieving the challenge! :mrgreen: Great effort! 8-)
thanks for the report!
:drinking1:
Cheers MCWB
------------------------
no longer a wannabe....indaclub 15 april 2009 and stoked!
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Top Effort Dave!! Well done on completing the challenge!! Hope they keep on coming for ya... :mrgreen:

Cheers
Moonman
bushie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by bushie »

well done. I haven't got my december NT barra yet, or november, october, september, .... you know how the rest goes..
Dave M
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave M »

Cheers guys
I’m glad I got in early and got a fish. I got home this R&R and its been raining pretty much the whole time (which is great for next years fishing) and during goods tides as well so that may get a few guys a bit anxious, especially if you were counting on this weekend to get amongst them. It would be nice to see a few more fish going onto the December list but I think we will have to waiting until the last minute to see how the young guns go. I’ll bet there are a couple of guys that will see the new year in on a big river somewhere. Is there any truth in the rumour that Faulksy has been sneaking over the boarder chasing those big daddy impoundment fish? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Anyway, I hope the rain doesn’t stop you from getting your fish. It would have been nice to try and get to the FFF drinks on Wednesday and meet some of the guys but I will be back at work in the Tanami by then
:cry:
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Dave M wrote:Cheers guys
Is there any truth in the rumour that Faulksy has been sneaking over the boarder chasing those big daddy impoundment fish? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Anyway, I hope the rain doesn’t stop you from getting your fish. It would have been nice to try and get to the FFF drinks on Wednesday and meet some of the guys but I will be back at work in the Tanami by then
:cry:
I wish :lolpoint: I should have hidden in the back of Buckaneers car. I have not wet a line this month yet and the rain this weekend has me totaly unmotivated to have a crack. :drinking1:
grumpy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by grumpy »

On ya Dave looks like i can't get out until Christmas to complete my challenge. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A mans boat is a sign of his strengths and weaknesses???? (and wealth)
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

Great fishing Dave legendary fishing. :mrgreen: