SADgroves Monday

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Dave M
Gold Member
Gold Member

SADgroves Monday

Post by Dave M »

I headed into the city this morning for a look at the upgrade to the Dinah ramp and to have a fish in Sadgroves Crk. The late morning lows at this time of year normally produce a few fish in this area. I’ll give the ramp a 7 out of 10. I think the pontoon on one side will congest that lane with boats wanting to tie up while launching and retrieving but it is an improvement.
I was in the water by about 7:oo and headed across to work the drains as the tide dropped. A couple of hours of casting seen zip so I tried for a few live baits to soak on the bottom of the tide. An hour of chasing bait only resulted in a few prawns and sardines. With the tide getting close to low I anchored up between a couple of drains that had deep water close by. There seemed to be a few salmon working the shallows so I tossed out a prawn on the lightweight thread line gear and continued casting lures to the drains. The prawn claimed a small Powertail and was replaced with a dead sardine. This was only in the water a few minutes when it was claimed, this time by a nice barra that worked hard on the light gear. After five or six minutes it went in the net. More Powertail followed on the baits so I went back to casting lures to the drains. The low came and went but no more barra made it to the boat so I called it quits at around midday

timwicks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by timwicks »

That's a great report Dave, even if they weren't really on the chew.
Wicksy

“I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here."
--- Robert Anton Wilson
Dyslexics Of The World Untie.