Manton on the Moon

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Manton on the Moon

Post by Bullet »

Hit Manton Dam on tuesday night on the full moon with my good mate Jamsey to try snag a barra, would of rathered to fish it a couple of nights before the moon but had to work. :banghead:
On the water about 8pm & started to troll around to find the fish, picked up a 54cm baz along the lilys early but was pretty quiet till about midnight.
We found an area where the bait was splashing around on the surface a bit & it wasn't long till my rod was a tuggin. These fish were hitting hard, so hard they were getting about 2 meters of air as they came up hitting the shallow running classics :o
After a hard fight a fat 76cm baz graced the deck, a good start for November. Next pass it was jamsey's turn with a fish that hit like a steam train train peeling a good 20 meter of line of in no time, the fsh didn't want to give up but after a long fight an 81cm baz was in the net, our biggest for the night. :catch:
A few more passes in the same spot & I had a ripping hit only to have it spit the lure about 2 meters above the water after a huge jump. While this was going on Jamsey was reeling in his lure to clear the water for my fish when he was smashed hard. This thing was on steroids!!!! It peel a heap of line off while jumping horizontal to the water & launching itself a good couple of meters. After 30 second or so it was still going mad then the line went slack, I'm not sure if the leader not gave or it found the rocks on the drop off but it was gone :banghead: :bonk:
A few more passes went by & jamsey was on again & after another solid fight he landed a healthy 75cm barra. i picked up 1 more small rat after that but it was getting late or should I say early So we deceided to pull the pin.
Not a bad night on the water, no big impoundment slappers that I was hopping for but there is allways next time.

Cheers bullet :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
jonr
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by jonr »

bullet,

do you find the fish feed in the open at night or along the weed beds as in the day time?

jon
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bullet »

Hey jon,
they were feeding in the shallow water near the wed beds the other night, i thinkfinding the bait is the key, where we were the bait was active on the surface.

Cheers bullet :mrgreen:
Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
BarraBeast
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Manton on the Moon

Post by BarraBeast »

Bullet wrote: they were getting about 2 meters of air as they came up hitting the shallow running classics
yahoo, now that's fishun! :bow: you've down a great job landing barra in the dam, dam it wish i was there!
"in chemistry, Alcohol is a solution! "
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Nice fish Bullet :smile:

but was pretty quiet till about midnight.
Had a fish myself that same night down the river. Same there, quiet until the middle of the night
Regards Dick
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Well done boys!

What is access to Manton like? Do they lock it up?
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

punter wrote:Well done boys!

Mate, I've never seen it locked. On saying that; if I go out there after sunset I always take the "skeleton key" and a replacement lock and keys........just in case.
Blinky

Find us on Facebook: Blinky's Lures
Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Mate, I've never seen it locked. On saying that; if I go out there after sunset I always take the "skeleton key" and a replacement lock and keys........just in case.
Blinky

Blinky
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Blinky »

Access is from a good concrete boat ramp. Just make sure you don't get too close to any of those precious ski boats, apparently they can get scratched fom a couple of metres away! :wink:
Blinky

punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

LOL, thanks blink, thanks blink, thanks blink
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....