duttos dundee delights

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
Dutto
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

duttos dundee delights

Post by Dutto »

have been rainchecking double hauls efforts to get me down to dundee chasing sailies for a few weeks now but finally got my cr.p together and managed to sneak away for the weekend. did not see much on the way down due to thick blancket of fog but it cleared nicely upon arrival at dundee. a little swell rolled in as we headed out and it took us a little time to get out to our marks just shy of long lost but we were greated by schools and schools of mac tuna everywhere. with great enthusiasm we trolled around and saw a fair few free swimming sails and raised a couple. i had never been out chasing them before and just seeing them got the blood pumpimg for me. we watched with envy as a bloke jagged one with a maribu jig cast into a school of tuna on light gear. we lost a few baits to a couple of sails but thats all we could manage for the day. thank god for beer :drinking2: back to the lodge for a countery and a few more :drinking1: beers .sunday out early with high spirits back to same spot . with in minutes of stopping saw our first sail . trolled for about an hour then double hauls line starts peeling. a count to ten lock the drag and he was on. he nearly got spooled but to his credit he brought it along side . a few photos in the water and was released. trolled a while longer and to my amazement a pod of about 4 sailies cruised in and started looking at the teaser, i flicked out the pitchbait strait into one mouth and he was off. counted out loud the longest 10 seconds of my life and we were away. the fish peeled off a fair bit of line and lept out numerous times. we got him to the boat and brang this one aboard as was my first. a few photos and back into the drink. was wrapped and could not get smile off face. trolled around some more but no more runs. saw a marlin in the distance bit could not raise one. think final tally for the two days was sighted prob 18 raised about 8 landed two. huge thanks again to double haul who continues to come up with the goods and got me my first sail. and also for thinking up the name of this post :rofl: . i think he will post the marks for anyone interested. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

throbba
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by throbba »

Well done Mate 8-) :clap: :clap: :clap: 8-) :mrgreen: could not have happened to a more desevering bloke
Top post :clap: :clap:
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

nice work fellas... 8-)

with the big tides coming should see some more hot saily sessions!!! :mrgreen:
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

'

Post by Faulksy »

:bow: :bow: :bow: Onya Dutto well done you must be pumped. Big congrats to Brett to what a top fella putting you onto your first Billy. :drinking1: :bow: :bow: :bow:
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Gee that feeling of holding one of those has to be as good as
holding a metery :grin: ...These recent saily posts have given me
a little semi :naughty:

Great Fish and top report :mrgreen:
Image Image