Grannies 60th B/DAY METERY

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
BARRAMATTA
Silver Member
Silver Member

Grannies 60th B/DAY METERY

Post by BARRAMATTA »

So the missus tells me she booked sinclairs for her mums 60th B/day not knowing whats the tides are great. :bonk:
I am thinking no clear water big tides less fishable time in good spots. So off to the daly we go me the missus & the 2 little eels. Fish friday arvo only to drop 1 good fish as the water was like soup. On the way back up stream i am saying big tides bad fishing less movement would be better. :x
Get back to sinclairs & the mother in law had arrived with pop & the 2 liitle eels think its great Grandmas here. :grin: Its grannies first trip to the daly & all she mentioned was cherrabin fishing & how the chokers on the other side of camp caught 4 Barra. :evil: I politley told her that if you want to use bait then not around me. :fubird:
Saturday comes round & nobody is keen to move due to the ice hanging from the windscreens of the cars bl..dy cold. Its 9.30AM & we decide to go fishing.I am thinking waste of time big tides & now freezing cold. So all day we fish for no result, can see the fish but they just won't feed nobody is catching anything not even the cherabin chokers. The stress of not catching fish was playing on my mind bad had a dummy spit & what do you know the Missus hooks a ripper at The S-Bends 79Cm high fives all round :clap:
Run down stream a little & show off our fish to the mother inlaw whom by this time also had the sads from not having a touch all day. Again she brings out the cherabin line. :x
she asks what lures we are using & I suggested 1 go deep & the other go shallow. So she puts on a lure that swims 1mtr bearing in mind this lady can only use a handline, :fishing: Yes she is Primative :lolpoint: She just can't use a rod even at 60. Off i go upstream & leave them to themselves following us trolling. As i get to the end of my run I turn around & can see them in the middle fighting a fish. 15 Minutes later & burn marks on the hand from a silly handline & the fish is in the boat. :clap:
High fives & cheering broke the silence of the peacefull suroundings with about another 8 boats around clapping & not believing that this granny just landed the fish of a lifetime A HUGE 112CM BEAUTY on a handline trolling :bow:
I jumped from my boat to help handle the fish so as not to harm her after six very quick photos she was back in the water within 3-4 minutes. I swam her for about 2 minutes to the snags,She boofed my hand about 5 times so when i let her go she just tail smacked the boat & bolted. :smile:
That was all the fish we caught for the weekend retired happy & now there is no more mention of cherabin chocking.
Photos to follow tommorrow so stay tuned.

STOP WISHING START FISHING,
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Great story, reckon the pics will be better :smile: :clap:
Regards Dick
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Happy B'Day !!!
:mrgreen:
A_Nomad
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by A_Nomad »

Top stuff, good write up :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Brad
><((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ...NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.
¸¸ .··.¸¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY ·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY .¸NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY¸.·.¸¸ .··.¸¸.NAUGHTY<((((NAUGHTY
punter
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by punter »

Great yarn!

Well done and happy birthday to gran, top effort and great release. Love to see the pics.
Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Talladega Nights.....
BARRAMATTA
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BARRAMATTA »

pictures of the missus 79CM & GRANNIES 112CM HORSE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Milney
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Milney »

No wonder your selling ya boat.. next one should be called handline.
You can never have enough Landcruiser's or Boats.
BARRAMATTA
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BARRAMATTA »

F@#K the handlines the old bitty needs to learn how to use a rod :wink:

Never live this one down she is happy as pig in poop, 2 months ago her 18 year old son caught a 105CM on east & now she has gone 7cm better. you think i am copping it he lives with her. :catch:
Buckaneer2
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Buckaneer2 »

Hey Forrest you dont look to happy in that shot, its not every day you get hold a metery. Nice fish she will no doubt keep rubbing it in mate. :cheers:
Smile, be happy & go fishing.

Work is getting in the way of my fishing.
My boss says fishing is getting in the way of my work.
I will soon fix both of our problems by quitting.
fly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fly »

Great fish :bow:
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

you think i am copping it he lives with her.
bl..dy hilarious thread, well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen: