The city lives up to its name

If you are into billfish, this is your home.
double haul

The city lives up to its name

Post by double haul »

Well just got back from 2 days at sail city, what can i say it lives up to its name. After wasteing half a day nnw of the lodge the call was made to run down and sleep the night near there. Im glad we did, rocked up around 2pm and there were another 6 or so boats trolling. 10 minutes later and we had all ready seen 12 or so fish just crusing along the top slurping down bait. :shock: Around 5 or so the tally was only 2 landed both to the deckie. :mrgreen: We must have raised 20 ro so fish that arvo and had a shot at most of them. Up sparrows sunday and pulled the pick only to see 4 fish crusing just in front. Back to the same spot as before and the fish we not there in numbers but they made up for in hook ups. Landed another 3, 2 to me 1 to porky the deckie (unconfirmed swine flu). Pulled the pin at lunch and came home. All the action was only 2nms south of the city. The funny thing was with all but 2 of the fish the teasers didnt excite them. We had a tuna belly flap hanging of the end and not 1 fish grabed it pitching baits just wasnt and option. :-?
Just to prove a point another mate that was with us had no teasers and no gars, just sadmars they put a big circle hook threw and caught 4.

Go figure. The only dissipointment was most of the fish were on the small side but still went hard on 10kg. :catch:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimbobbolty
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimbobbolty »

Looks like great fun.

I've always wanted to catch a sail did you go on a charter?

And if so how much?
Listen to my bands song we need to get our plays up.
http://www.myspace.com/seedtherockband
meter_seeker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by meter_seeker »

Top stuff Double haul, pulling in a quadtriple haul :mrgreen:

gotta be happy with that, all still good size, would of been some serious fun :grin:
Image Image
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

Wiked stuff man :mrgreen: great to see such hot action so close to Darwin
shauno
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shauno »

awesome stuff mate great to see you get onto em. I would've been there myself this weekend if work never had me working it. Looks like condition were good to.
double haul

Post by double haul »

Hey jim no charter for me mate. Half the fun in catching the bastards is doing it ya self i reckon. If ya just starting out have a read of lobsters post
http://www.fishingterritory.com/viewtopic.php?t=13816

Like he has stated keep it simple. Theres a wealth of info in the billfish section on here and its only going to get better. :mrgreen:
Nepenthe
Silver Member
Silver Member

Broome quality sailfishing

Post by Nepenthe »

bl..dy good work, perseverence pays off!

Gentlemen take note whats happening out at sail at the moment rivals some of the best days in Broome.

Yeehah
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Great post DH - Love to get out and chase them one day!
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...
ntfishn
Seadog
Seadog

Post by ntfishn »

Awesome day out guys.... Fantastic fish there... Got to get out and try it one day soon!!!
Cheers
Timbo :drinking1:
bandit

Post by bandit »

thats bl..dy awesome man 8-) 8-) 8-)

might have to get that mark off ya :naughty: heading down there in a few days for a look in sea reapers rig, all this talk has started bill fish fever :rofl:

cheers :drinking1:
jarrah jack
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jarrah jack »

Great pelargic action there DH ain"t nothing like getting your own fish in your own boat . Big learning curve more fun.
Charter? Sometimes we must but can you really say you caught the fish? Here"s the spot, here's the method , here's every other thing you need. Not the same satisfaction , no way.

By the way........Does anyone try the burley trail technique for the sails. Bit of a change from a smoky motor. Never know whats gunna swim up the trail and hit the livie. Always worked well for big marlin and yellowfin for me.
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

Gents that is outstanding and thanks for sharing it. :bow:

All that visual action, beautiful fish and hard work is making me motivated. I will definately have to keep the Sailfish goal to myself around the boss. She knows how hooked I am Tuna. Might start doing a bit of reading :roll:

Awesome guys, obviously a lot of hardwork to get the knowledge, technique and plan to work out, well done and thank you.

Doors Off :drinking1:
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!