Day 1 of ten days fishing-Shady 20/3

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Barralistic
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Day 1 of ten days fishing-Shady 20/3

Post by Barralistic »

Got 10 days off work totally dedicated to the catching of Barra. A mate arrives today from down south for 4 days, a barra virgin, keen as mustard. Thought I'd better get a trip in before he arrived.
:twisted:
Headed out with the young bloke at 0400 to get to the ramp nice and early only a couple of boats in front of us, everyone was very efficent so we were away quickly. The mozzies were that thick you couldn't open your mouth without getting a thousand in there whilst travelling. Had to clean them off the spotters and out of the teeth. Got to the mouth of Sampan for a quick troll out picking up a blue samon, before up tp Tommycut. Started trolling Tommycut with about a dozen other boats, Rusty got a nice Thready straight up then all was pretty quiet. Seen a few bazza's being caught all around the 70-80 mark. Trolled around for about another hour then finally hooked up on a nice 77cm, got him in the boat for a quick measure, photo and released to grow to a metre. :grin:
Pulled up stumps about a hour later and headed back to try Sampan. Arrived and joined in with another dozen boats trolling the western side, Rusty picked up another nice Thready to add to his count. Trolled around for a couple more hours for a big fat zero. Went across and had a look at Swim creek mainly to get into some shade for awhile. Heaps of bait around but no barra, headed back to Sampan to finish the afternoon off. Did a few more troll runs the just as we were about to head home I got smashed by a nice 88cm bazza that played up a treat. After a long fight, a measure and a couple of photo's she was released., We ended the trip on that and headed for the ramp well worn out. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It has to be in the boat to count!
fishfanatic
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

10 days

Post by fishfanatic »

Not a bad 10 days start for ya Barralistic :applause: ..nice fish too. Did ya end up keeping the salmon to chew on?
'Take me drunk, I'm home"
Unknown

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth".
John F. Kennedy

"The first principle of a free society is an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum"
Adlai E. Stevenson

"We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship".
Forster, Edward

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear"
George Orwell

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
by Anonymous
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

great work barralistic, looks like you and ya mate may catch a few over the time ya got off
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Hey mate reckon I saw you out there the other day... Can't miss that hat! :wink: Young bloke was in a red shirt yeah? Good to hear you found a couple in the end.

Cheers!
Moonman