Xmas Harbour Tails

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Xmas Harbour Tails

Post by doors off »

First post for a long time. Popped out onto the harbour for a few days after too long away. The first trip was with Brenton from Happy Micks and Mitch from NT Elite Cycles. It was just a quick trip to jig up some Harbour Terrorists. :catch: We had some luck and the photos tell the story.

Then it was with my eldest daughter on 23rd Dec and I forgot the camera. :cry: It was a good trip with her mastering her casting and she caught Barra, Blue Salmon, Grunter, Queenfish, Ray and shark. She caught her first self cast and landed fish on a lure. We kept two of the Grunter and the big Blue Salmon for Christmas lunch. The three fish fed ten of us, the Salmon was a ripper. :chef2:

I then took Mitch out again on Mon 28th was. It was his first Barra trip after getting over a significant injury. It was hard fishing, but he managed a really pretty Coral Trout Jigging with a Squidgy and I managed a 62cm Barra on a Gold Bomber 8-) and a 50cm Rat Barra on a Hollowbelly of the surface. So it was a good trip, but gee there were a lot of boats out, I had forgotten that it was a public holiday. :o

The trip today was for both my daughters. We had a ball, with the eldest really getting on with her casting and #2 landing her first Blue Salmon. :applause: She got it on the troll on an XRap. The kids trolling actions are pretty good. She fought the fish well and was stoked at her first Blue Salmon. About half the size of her sisters monster last week, but a nice fish all the same, that also did it’s fair share of jumping. The girls also caught a couple of sharks on the gulp minnows and livies. It was a great trip and we all had a ball. 8-) It has been great to get out on the harbour again.

Doors Off :drinking1:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
Pecheur
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Pecheur »

Hey Doors Off,

Looks like you did not loose your touch when it come to fishing, some nice action there.

And you daughters seem to doing well too.

Congratulations!
:mrgreen:

Have a good day,
Pecheur
Mud
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Mud »

Great post Doorsoff!! Top pics as well!
Cheers Mud
Its not a crisis unless there is blood around.
If there is blood around......well its a police matter...