sunday 8 november at corroboree

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

sunday 8 november at corroboree

Post by meterclubwannabe »

Faulksy and I headed to corroboree today to try and get an early november barra on the board. Arrived about 6.30 to find a couple of boats launching ahead of us and only 3 other trailers in the car park and we hoped it would stay this quiet all day. We headed straight for the s bends

Having caught fish on a mixed bag of lures last time we weren't really sure what to start with. We both opted for soft plastics but after about an hour or so had not had so much as a touch.

We both changed lures to little lucifers and reaped the rewards pretty much straight away. I hooked up to a great barra that measured 87cm

Faulksy followed a little while later with this 83cm model

Several other boats had arrived by this time and we spoke to double haul and another unnamed FFFER. Quite a few guide boats were also there and we saw this 88cm barra landed which was the biggest for the day and one of only 2 we saw landed by other boats

The usual locals were also there in abundance

We hung in for a bit longer at the s bends and tried several other spots but couldn't find any other fish. It was 1pm and we were picking a mate up at the rockhole boat ramp and thought we'd better go and make sure we could get through the channel. It was as shallow as 40cm at times so we poked along quietly and made it through to the deeper water to find it quite overgrown with lillies and only a narrow path through

We parked the boat up at the rockhole boat ramp and headed up to the shade shelter for a siesta.

An hour or so later we decided to have a flick off the rockbar and saw several good sized barra and quite a few small ones. None would take lures though.

Late in the day we headed back to corroboree for a few last trolls only to find the wind had picked right up much to our annoyance. We decided to call it quits and head back to the ramp stopping to cast snags along the way. I finished the day with this lovely powertail casting a soft plastic into the weed beds YAY for me.

On that note we decided to had back to the ramp both very happy to have opened our november accounts :grin: Back at the ramp we had a chat to the lady doing the fishing surveys and she confirmed that most boats had had a pretty quiet day.

Cheers MCWB
------------------------
no longer a wannabe....indaclub 15 april 2009 and stoked!
Dick
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Dick »

Nice report MCWB :smile:

Good to see that quality fish come at the end of the day :grin:
Regards Dick
ponyplay
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ponyplay »

Good going guys nice post and photos, couple nice ones :mrgreen: . Your right about these afternoon winds, iv had a gut full. Bring on the still sweaty afternoons. Cheers :drinking1:
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

MCWB and Faulksy, A great start to November and some nice Top End Pics.

Dingo :cool:
skylion9
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skylion9 »

Hey MCWB, Faulksy some awesome fish there, especially that 87. :applause:

I think the unnammed FFF'er was me and my old man. We were in a Quintrex 490 Top Ender with an 80 Yamaha on the back.

Anyways it was a similar story for us aswell. I landed a 55cm model casting soft plastics early then it went quiet until around 2 o'clock.
Then i had a hot session which started off with 1 world famous fresh water Powertail (which was a first) then a few beautifial saltwater powertail (although unfortunately, not as big as yours), a couple of jaw dropping :o sleepy cod then managed to land 3 pesky barra :evil: with the biggest going 85cm (my biggest this year).
Anyways see the photo below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

Hey skylion!

You guys had a better day than us we probably shouldn't have had the siesta!!! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

That 85 is a great fish! Well done! :mrgreen:

Was good to catch up with you if only briefly, we didn't notice the FFF sticker till we had steamed past you and then didn't see you again! very observant we are :bonk:
Cheers MCWB
------------------------
2rods
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by 2rods »

sounds like a fun day on the water MCWB..even if it was a bit warm....and faulksy kept all his fingers on his hand this time too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

well done to both of you :applause:
:cheers:

2RODS

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

If I can't be a good example, then I will just have to serve as a horrible warning...

As John Wayne once said:

"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by nikoniko »

Nice fishing there guys goods see the fresh still going alright :mrgreen:
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Awesome start to the month guys!! Nothing better than getting a good one out of the way early... Some nice photos of a top day there! :mrgreen: Too bad you didn't enter a couple of fish in the early months MCWB, otherwise you'd be right up there as well!

Cheers
Moonman
:drinking1:
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

hahaha rods! Was nice to get out without any injuries! :bonk: the thumb's still not quite right! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

not for lack of trying moonman was out there in the early months but couldn't manage to land a legal fish... cest la vie

has been a fun year trying though!

:drinking1:
Cheers MCWB
------------------------