Corroboree Again!!!!!

Barramundi, saratoga, sooties and more. For dam fishing, use the dam forums below.
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Corroboree Again!!!!!

Post by Bullet »

G'day all,
Hit Corrob again on thursday to try get a baz early this month instead of leaving it to the last minute.
Fished it the same as the other week trolling reidy's rubbers along the weed beds. Started of slow but eventually landed a rat of 50 cm off a snag then a 67cm on the next pass :grin: hopefully this wiil be a plan B for the comp as I go in search of bigger fish.
Had a look around for a while for some new weed beds for zip so I moved back to where we got the fish 2 weeks ago & at the same time, around midday.
A few passes & I was on to a fish in the 70's, he had inhaled the rubber & when it was beside the boat the leader gave way :banghead: so it wasn't a good idea to down size my leader from 45lb to 25lb for smaller lures!
I went back to the heavyer leader & tied on another rubber, next pass I'm on to another good fish only to get buried in the weeds & loose the fish :bonk: A few more trolls and my mate jamsey is on to an even better fish with it taking some line then pulling the hooks. :bs:
I looked at him & said it's just one of those day mate.
I managed to drop another one not long after then they shut down 7 we pulled the pin.

So there is still fish to be had at Corroboree, the trick is though to get them in the boat! :banghead: :lolpoint: :lol:

Cheers bullet :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Nice work mate... Too bad you couldn't get the bigger ones to stick... :banghead:
Seems to be a happening trend at the moment??? :bonk:

I reckon the mid week thing at corroboree has gotta give you a whole lot more chance than the weekend. So much boat traffic and some of the dirtiest billabong water you will see at times. :|

Cheers
Moonman
:drinking1:
Barralistic
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Barralistic »

Good start to oct, its always good to get something on the board early. Top fish :mrgreen:
It has to be in the boat to count!
timwicks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by timwicks »

Thanks for the great report bullet. I agree with Moonman, midweek is the go if ya can :fishing:
Wicksy

“I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here."
--- Robert Anton Wilson
Dyslexics Of The World Untie.
bandit

Post by bandit »

good stuff bullet :applause: not to often you miss mate :catch: i havnt put in the time out there like i did last year and the year before. seems its been alot slower. as always persistance get the fish. the crew that put in the effort show the rewards. after our convo on trolling softies the other day i put it to test out in shoal bay. didnt have any success but prob worth another go some time. also trolled around a big mullet swim bait but didnt have any success on that front either :rofl: :bonk: always tryna look outside the box. :lol: keep up the good work, and we'll def have to oragnise another trip before the years out. just gotta line up some good tides when ur in town. cheers matey :drinking1: