South Trip

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Barralistic
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

South Trip

Post by Barralistic »

Went down the South to try for an early Oct Barra and a bottom bash last Friday and Saturday. Got down there after dark Thursday parked up in a creek for a :chef1: and a few :drinking2:. Decided to get some sleep for an early morning start. At the crack of dawn Rusty and I headed around checking out a few spots to bottom bounce. I hadn't done a lot of reef fishing out there so we spent most of the time marking a few spots. Over the two days we ended up with a few snapper, a jewy a couple of sharks, a poop load of powertails and a couple of monsters that bricked us. :banghead: . Not to bad I thought. :grin:
On the Barra front Friday seen Rusty with a nice 80cm, but nothing for the comp for me. Back into Saturday chasing my Barra. All was quiet til mid afternoon when in the space of half an hour the chromies went ballistic. Problem was trying to stay connected. Out of six solid hook ups only managed to boat two, a nice 65cm for the esky and a 95cm slapper that didn't appreciate being on my line one bit. All others that were seen were well over the 80 mark. :banghead: :banghead: Once the bite stoped we headed for home happy with my early October Chromie on the board. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It has to be in the boat to count!
timwicks
Seadog
Seadog

Post by timwicks »

Nice report BL.
Haven't fished the South yet but it is definitely on my list of 'to dos'. Over nighters are the best. Great pix
Wicksy

“I think I got off on the wrong planet. Beam me up Scotty, there's no rational life here."
--- Robert Anton Wilson
Dyslexics Of The World Untie.
bandit

Post by bandit »

Good stuff barralistic :mrgreen: shame we couldnt tee up a trip down there. only missed ya by a few days.. :bonk:
Sounds like u had the same troubble as me. i dropped 2 or 3 fish over 90, one possibly a meter.. We found the bigger fish had moved out of the creeks, lots of smaller barra around. wont be long til there stacked up out the front. dunno if ill be going back down this year tho. hopefully it fires up closer to home. such an expensive trip out there..
cheers for the report and that 95 is a ripper to kick off october :clap:

:drinking1:
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Great fish. :drinking1: