Adelaide River 28 Mar

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Adelaide River 28 Mar

Post by doors off »

Headed off down to the Adelaide River for a first time explore and to try and get some runs on the board for March. :fishing: Had a gentleman’s hour start and we were on the water from 9am until 4:30pm.

Met Harmsey and Dodgy One at the ramp as we were putting in, great to meet some fellow FFF’ers (thanks for all the work with the Barra Comp Harmsey). :bow:

We headed right up the top of Marakai Ck as far as we could go. The water was flowing up onto the flood plains with only some very small colour changes along the grass lines. We were casting plastics and hard bodies for no results and so resorted to doing some exploring whilst trolling and rehydrating. :drinking2:

Had the one hit almost straight away on a X-Rap in Cold Steel and landed a very nice and healthy 55cm (just under 56cm). A really good fight that I thought was bigger as it tried to take me into the grass and I was worried about the XRap hooks. :catch: A great looking fish that was really dark in the fins so he was released back into the water. We had one more dropped fish on a little Lucifer and that was it for Marakai. (did see one fellow down towards the first creek who had just landed a Barra in the 60-70cm range that he caught live baiting.

There was a lot of bait around from little Archer Fish up to big Mullet. However we did not hearing any boofing in the grass at all (we were using the electric for a lot of the time).

After Marakai we headed up to Goat Island to have a cold beer and a burger (what a top place – great job Kai! Will definitely be heading back up there for lunch with the family). Caught up with Harmsey and Dodgy who had been hard at work with the black cans and we did our bit for the Coopers Family. :drinking1: :drinking2: Had a bit of a fish in Beatrice on the way back for one dropped fish and then headed back to the ramp.

I had considered going out to Shady instead but after reading the Doevy’s report I am bl..dy glad I did not. :cry:

In total contrast to the Shady reports everybody on the Adelaide was friendly with all of our waves returned and everybody I came across did the righty by coming down off the plane well short of other boats that were fishing, then slowly going past before getting back on the plane. :applause:
Had a top relaxing day and a bonus to get on the board for March.

Doors Off
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
adam
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by adam »

Nice post doors off, may hit the adelaide tomorrow. Sounds better than the anxt of shady. :cheers:
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

great report doors off and at least ya managed a few fish. well done
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Onya D O nice write up, haven't done the Adelaide this year yet and the way I'm going it aint gonna happen either :drinking1: :drinking1:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water