Ratted

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
nikoniko
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Ratted

Post by nikoniko »

Yesterday with a days rec leave up my sleeve I did a runner to the shady barrage. Roughly the first 10klms of dirt was slushy due to the overnight rain. This had dried out when I left, apart from that the road was ok.
Got there a couple of hours before the high and watched 30 odd boats head out spotting only one FFF sticker, I wonder how they went. There were the usual rats schooling around the rocks. I managed two fish in the high 50's but were swampys.
Had some fun getting smashed by some big tarpon on a single hook popper on the fresh side.Things went quiet after the first hour then only rats were hitting with even them shutting down for long periods. With only one side accessible there is still limited room to fish. :mrgreen: NIKO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ozdodge
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by ozdodge »

Niko

think that may have been me? - in my mate's 4.5m qintrex - launched about 7:30am

saw you slaying the barra - doesn't look so scary in the light, but wouldn't want to stand where you were in the dark! :croc:

after seeing you catching fish we thought we were in for a cracker day - in the end we landed heaps of rats but only 2 keepers

will post my trip details on FFF tomorrow when my mate emails me the photos

cheers
ozdodge

Don't crowd me - I'm likely to bite!

Return to “Barramundi Reports”