Tommycut Thur 19.

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Tommycut Thur 19.

Post by Bullet »

Sorry the reports a bit late but had to go back out to work, may as well be getting payed while I right it. :wink:
Well hit tommycut on Thursday going against the rule NO RUN NO FUN on a day with just 2 tides & only 2 meters of movement. But there was a reason for this, I was after clean water at the mouth, and thats what we got.

Got away nice and early & was on the water by dawn. I had my good mate Jamsey with me who has only been up in the deep north for a few months. Ever since he's been up here he's had the beginers luck thing going & has out fished me on most outing but not all. :wink:
We took the cutting & apart from one tight spot at the Sampan end its all good i recon, no differant from last year. Got to the mouth at 7.30 & conditions looked good, great water colour & no wind. :grin:

Started trolling & on the first run Jamsey was on & boated a solid Thredy for the esky, a good start. On the next run, down the opisite bank, it wasn't long before Jamsey was on again, but this time it was a sloid barra. I saw it jump out the back of the boat & called it to be high 80's to low 90's but after a couple of powerfull runs & some more airial work I said to Jamsey don't f**k this up its a meter fish. :o So he backed the drag of and played it out, couple of hairy moments where it took to the air next to the boat, but then netted a fat 103cm bazz. A few quick pics, a hand shake to welcom him to the Meter Club, then a good release :mrgreen: She was cought on a Barra Classic 120 + 3 in bling bling purple on the last of the run out tide, so it pays to get there early guys.
[img]

We cracked a couple of cans to celerbrate, (it must have been beer o'clock somewhere) :drinking1: and kept trolling. After a couple of runs Jamsey hooked up another nice thredy whiched joined his mate in the esky. Not long after I was finally on the board with a nice 71cm salty & another salmon which both were put back. As the tide rose and the water slowed we started casting the snags which produced a couple of rats & a bit of fun.

We moved up the creek and cast some of the bigger feeder creeks for zip but I was satisfied we'd allready had a good day. Headed back to the barages for a look see & some tarpon action then back to the ramp for an early knock off. There's plenty of water up the top now & its making its way down to the mouth which is what we want.

Had a top day & I'm sure Jamsey would agree as he out fished me AGAIN, but thats all good.

If only I could enter fish cought in my boat that i skippered in the FFF Barra Challange, I'd be the lead. :catch: What do ya recon Harmsey. :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

Cheers Bullet[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
justin
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by justin »

great report :clap: Well done
Fishhard reel service a cast past the rest
Faulksy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Faulksy »

Congrats on a good fish :cheers:
Dingo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog
Location: Used to be Melville Island, now a crappy mainlander

Post by Dingo »

Great Report and a couple of quality fish.

Jamesy would be a happy man. :mrgreen:

DIngo
BEAR
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Tommycut Thur 19.

Post by BEAR »

Bullet wrote:Sorry the reports a bit late but had to go back out to work, may as well be getting payed while I right it. :wink:
[/img]
well done bullet, now get back down in the pit and fix my drill :rofl:
bandit

Post by bandit »

good stuff man :cheers: just a baby compared to the one u got last year :lol:

first metery posted on fff from shady for the year... well done :applause:

cheers :drinking1:
Barralistic
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Barralistic »

Great fish always good to see someone with there first metrey :mrgreen:
It has to be in the boat to count!
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

top fish fellas :mrgreen: here come the meteries :cheers:
meterclubwannabe
Seadog
Seadog

Post by meterclubwannabe »

Awesome fish there! Well done! :bow:

Great report too..... :cheers:
Cheers MCWB
------------------------
no longer a wannabe....indaclub 15 april 2009 and stoked!
SMITHY
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by SMITHY »

great report and congrats on ya mates first 1mt barra
They say time is money, I dont have much money cause my times spent fishing