Culvert Bash

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Timbo
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Timbo »

We had to cover some ground but we finally found some fish, here are a few of the pics. We need more rain!!!!!

:mrgreen:

Not sure if the pics will actually show how Gold the fish are or not?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Failure is only an event, Not a lifestyle
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Had some fun at least Timbo by the looks, been to a few local joints for B/A so far myself, still way early for consistent stuff( more water and bait) but it an easy choice (fishing and wildlife or home and wildwife :naughty: :naughty: ) :drinking1: :drinking1:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water
Moonman
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Moonman »

Hit the culverts again at the beggining of feb. Having turned up for work on the Monday and realised there was nothing to do, I was back home within the hour. Rang a mate and confirmed we were due for a culvert bash so off we went. Hit a couple of creeks in the H/Doo area that looked promising but for no results. Then inspired by the Howard River Iron Bridge post headed there for a couple of hours. I only managed one hit from a small barra but was unable to hook up. We found the so called crocs nest but it looked a bit sus. Anyways we decided to hit the Arnhem Highway for the arvo, as surely we would find at least a tarpon. Ended up at Scott's Creek again flicking the crossing. There were dozens of extra large tarpon playing around on the downstream side but couldn't manage a hookup only a couple of bumps. I was slowly getting sick of using the rubbers so on went the old faithful classic 90 which was thrown upstream. Was only second cast and I was hooked up to a barra! :mrgreen: It only felt smallish so was just playing with him a bit but when he came to the surface near the culvert he was actually a decent fish and with one whip of the tail he dove straight into the tunnels cutting my braid on the edge of the culvert. Spewing!:banghead: Flicked for another hour for nothing so headed back up the road to try the first culvert. Another half a dozen casts there and I was on again. This time I wasn't letting it escape and luckily it ran away from the drain. The fish wrapped itself around the weeds but I was able to get the grips onto it and pull it out. He wasn't super swampy coming out of there but wasn't a really clean fish either. Measured him up at 72cm which eased the pressure of getting a feb barra under my belt. Nat bad for a culvert fish I thought. 8-)

:drinking1:
Cheers
Moonman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
muntzy
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by muntzy »

Nice fish Moonman!!!
Cheers Muntzy.
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend,
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Onya MM that's a good fish from there 8-) 8-)
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water