Hit and Miss...

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
bandit

Hit and Miss...

Post by bandit »

Been abit busy of late but heres abit of a report. Ive done a few trips down to the daly this year in search of baz. :fishy: Mixed reports, the rivers been up and down like a rollercoaster and you really need to strike it luckly and hit it while its falling. more arse than better judgment really. we had a dud trip but we also had a pearler. :catch:

Rain was pretty thick with thunder and lightening becoming the norm. kinda puts the wind up you waving around a big electrode. :shock:

Pretty much all the creeks down stream of no fish have water coming out of them. some flowing dirty water some clear. You just need to find the bait and you will find the fish. water was about a meter below the banks at browns and all the upstream creeks are flowing backwards. :sailing:

Fish have been taking a variety of hard bodies and plastics. You need to be prepared to be persistent thats for sure. and try all the tackle in ya box :catch: and then try every retrieve known to man. then design your own :lol: i would have already racked up over a 1000 or 2 casts this runoff. gonna get RSI before i know it. must say tho, ive been doing abit of field testing with the new curado and im rather impressed. very smooth caster and a beefy drag to battle bucket mouths against strong current :mrgreen: make sure you get one before the price rise... :lol:

Myself and cam24 had a good session a fair way downstream. landing 6 fish over 80 including 86 and a 90cm. The biggest ive caught for the month so far. We lost alot of good fish, but i guess thats the nature of using soft plastics :bricks:
i had a fish at the side of the boat after an epic battle when it said its final good byes with a shake of the head. Like JD i faced a similar fate, i dont like to speculate but i will say, it was much bigger than the 90 that i landed 20 mins before hand. :| :banghead:

We only kept two fish out of them all.. Most were green or to big and went straight back. Which is strange cause the doveys got some really silver fish. :fishy:

Ive included a few fotos of the river and the fish. :drinking1: hope you enjoy :drinking1:

The other thing ill say is that, there is a crapload of boats down there. :shock: :shock: :shock: Be prepared to go down a long way and find people sitting on most of the creeks. Lots of people must still be on holidays... One trip we went down, there were boats on just about every creek to moon. Also the coppers have been checking boats :mrgreen: good to see. :bow:

:drinking1: :drinking1: :drinking1:

Diawa Saltist Entry (2)[/b]

doors off
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by doors off »

CB,
once again a top post, with bl..dy fantastic photos. I have never done any runoff fishing, but the boss (missus) has already approved my leave for some run off fishing this year, your post is only making me annoy her more. :grin:
I know what you mean about using an entire tackle box and using all the different retrieves, just had a couple days like that in the harbour (about to post a report).
Once again, thanks for the post.

Doors Off. :bow:
Save the Tuna - Eat a Dolphin!
Night Stalker
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Night Stalker »

Good effort once again CB.. :mrgreen:

:cheers:
I contend that where you fish is the
most important factor in catching fish.
Matt Flynn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Matt Flynn »

Awesome report CB, as usual - I will have that FFF Award away shortly, been waiting on part of it to arrive here :mrgreen:
Kevin Kevinson
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Kevin Kevinson »

some big differences in the colour of them fish bandit :o :o
Cheers

KK (aka Hilly)

and then you nod your head like your saying YES to every beat...
(Homer J Simpson on listening to rock music)
harmsey
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by harmsey »

nice one cb :mrgreen:

no fish was flowing backwards flatout on friday
freddymuluka
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by freddymuluka »

Great solid fish there CB!! :cheers: And yes the new Curado's are silky smooth! haha shame mines only been on 1 trip in the 3 or so months ive owned it! It's definately not getting much love! :lol:
Ernie
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Ernie »

Top write up and photos CB, and some good fish to :drinking1: :drinking1:
Live it and ENJOY
Cant save the world from idiots as they'll just build a better one!
Wouldn't need rules if people did the right thing!
PSST There maybe crocodiles in the water

Return to “Barramundi Reports”