Dundee, Finniss mouth access

And jacks, salmon, jewfish - tell us how you went. NT, FNQ and Norwest.
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Dundee, Finniss mouth access

Post by Bullet »

Hey guy's,

Thinking of sneaking out to the Finniss in the next couple of days, :fishing:

wondering if anyone out there could tell me if it would be posible to use the track that takes you to Stingray head so I can drive down the beach and launch at the mouth of the Finniss.

I'm a bit dubious about using it with all the rain we've been getting.
Any info would be much apreciated. :D

Cheers bullet :mrgreen:

Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
troamaru
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Dundee, Finniss mouth access

Post by troamaru »

Not 100% sure mate but I went for a drive down to a few spots around the Finniss and it was very wet.. I'd be carefull! maybe go woth 2 vehicles??? I'm sure someone on here would be keen!
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

you may not be able to get over the creek at the base of stingray head usaly this time of year its over 1m deep have seen a couple of 4wds bogged badly there and if you dont get out the tide will cover your 4wd never to be seen again
BarraBase
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by BarraBase »

if you have a car you dont want then have a go
Views expressed on this website are those of individuals and do not reflect the opinions of the website owner, or its operators, or other website users
RiverBabe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RiverBabe »

If you follow mermaid road all the way to the end and turn right then follow the track at the end of that and turn right again you would be able to go onto the beach and drive all the way along the beach to the Finniss. Is only one patch you
Might get a little wet but at low tide you will be fine and it's all rocky so no chance of getting bogged.
A Bad Day Fishing is Better then a great Day at Work

MoBiLe MaYhEm
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

no chance of getting bogged ?????????? ummm think again i have seen several vehicles bogged on those rocks
unless you know what and where your going down there dont do it
troamaru
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by troamaru »

Certainly seen a few people bogged on surfaces that are "unboggabul" lol.. nice new word I just made up there
RiverBabe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RiverBabe »

We have passed through there several times with no problems. If you get bogged then you deserve to be bogged ahahaha

MoBiLe MaYhEm
slapper1

Post by slapper1 »

go try drive over it when the creek is flowing ,hope you got a good insurance company
RiverBabe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RiverBabe »

Um can you post a pic of the place your talking about off google maps by chance cos i am thinking they are different places as we have crossed it in the wet season only. Never tried it in the dry.

MoBiLe MaYhEm
Bullet
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Bullet »

Thanks for the replies guy's, :D

I'm still not sure if I'll risk it, I think I'll be ok getting to the beach, its just the creek at the start like slapper said.

I did hear that there was a few people down on the sand bar last weekend so

hopefully someone that has been down there recently reads this and can let me know.

Cheers bullet :mrgreen:
Cheers Bullet

I LIVE WITH FEAR, SOMETIMES SHE LETS ME GO FISHING!

DON'T NEED BAIT!
JewieQueen
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by JewieQueen »

RiverBabe wrote:If you follow mermaid road all the way to the end and turn right then follow the track at the end of that and turn right again you would be able to go onto the beach and drive all the way along the beach to the Finniss. Is only one patch you
Might get a little wet but at low tide you will be fine and it's all rocky so no chance of getting bogged.
RiverBabe - the Finniss track is not off mermaid circut, my old man has a shack on mermaid if you were driving onto the beach towards the finniss you would need to go straight from where fog bay road ends along a real dodgy at times track, along a fenceline and onto sting ray head then onto the beach. You are thinking of the little creek near Closer to dundee lodge i think. :?

I'm not 100 % sure if you can even get to the track from mermaid becuase of the cliffs and a stretch of oyster rocks that at low tide look like they go for a few hundred meters???

I will hunt down a map :mrgreen:

Bullet - Mate in June last year when the late rain came through we struggled over that track along the station/ private land (whatever it is now), mud everywhere, and ruts from the local quad bike hoons :lol: Take a second Vehicle if you do go, they have had a lot of rain that way.

Good luck if you do head that way :mrgreen:
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

“Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime”

"Soon after I embraced the sport of angling I became convinced that I should never be able to enjoy it if I had to rely on the cooperation of the fish."
RiverBabe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RiverBabe »

I am letting you know now you can get to the Finniss from mermaid we have done it. Very easy going trust me. Low tide and your there in about 15 minutes from mermaid. We did it on a daily basis when we stayed at our mates house on mermaid.

MoBiLe MaYhEm
RiverBabe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RiverBabe »

When I get back to my hotel room I will mark it out on google earth

MoBiLe MaYhEm
slapper1