Which rod?

Talk about the gear you can't afford and knots you can't tie.
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Which rod?

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

It's OK, I'm not buying another rod (my dad would kill me), however I do have a small problem. I have been lucky enough to have been gifted a shimano tyrnos 12 on a Wilson live fibre stroker 8-10 kg by a neighbour who is moving away, however I don't know if I should keep the reel on the live fibre or if I should put it on my pioneer tuna power. I personally like the feel of the pioneer more, however which is the better rod? Thanks.

jeffish
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Re: Which rod?

Post by jeffish »

I run mostly Live Fibre Venoms and just can't fault them ,have also used a few tuna power Pioneer rods which are very good also .
Never broken a Wilson , have seen a few pioneers snap on big Tawny's but that was more likely the user's fault hi sticking the rod .
I think you'll find the Wilson a lighter outfit for those long jigging sessions , yet still a very strong rod when you need some grunt .

cheers
Young_gun_fisho
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Young_gun_fisho »

jeffish wrote:I run mostly Live Fibre Venoms and just can't fault them ,have also used a few tuna power Pioneer rods which are very good also .
Never broken a Wilson , have seen a few pioneers snap on big Tawny's but that was more likely the user's fault hi sticking the rod .
I think you'll find the Wilson a lighter outfit for those long jigging sessions , yet still a very strong rod when you need some grunt .

cheers
Thanks Jeff, probably should have clarified though that I didn't get the venom live fibre series rod, (if only :cry: ) I got the cheaper stroker game rod. I had a go today, I liked the feel of the tuna power combo, will probably keep it on that.
Agent86
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by Agent86 »

Use it on the Pioneer, Great rods, good power for weight and more universal I think,
If there is water and it holds fish, then it is fun trying to fool them into eating what you offer!!

Especially when you can see them!

Return to “Fishing & Outdoors Gear”