Transducer repair

scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Transducer repair

Post by scottmac »

What’s the best/strongest glue/resin to repair my busted transducer that a Daly snag claimed? Thinking it will be easier to fix than replace, I’ll give it a go anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hottuna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Transducer repair

Post by hottuna »

Scott,
Go to Tradelink and grab Rapid Fix. It's a two part system, power and a liquid. The powder fills, the liquid welds it. About $30 but it's the sizzle and does 2 or 3 jobs. I've been using it for years on our guiding rigs so it's more than proved itself 20times over
Bluewater Dreamin'
FITZY
Seadog
Seadog

Post by FITZY »

there is a product called power bond sold a Samios Plumbing supplied in Berrimah which sticks poop to a blanket . Its what plumbers use on pressure pipe and it rated to 2000kpa so it will hold the tranducer together
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Cheers fellas.
MR126
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MR126 »

Hey Scotty Just replace.It would better in the long run
NTFizzer
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by NTFizzer »

I'd tried the uv glue to fix a transducer in a little tinny and lived to regret it went it broke off on the plane and the transducer flicked up and smashed me in the back. Save yourself the trouble, just replace it.
hottuna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hottuna »

Trust me mate, give Rapid Fix a go.
We've done thousands of kms on repaired transducers. As long as it's just cracked case you won't notice
Bluewater Dreamin'
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

hottuna wrote:Trust me mate, give Rapid Fix a go.
We've done thousands of kms on repaired transducers. As long as it's just cracked case you won't notice

Sounds like you’ve done plenty of real time testing in the field. I’ll give it a go. Mainly because I’m too lazy to run a new one into the console. Haha! :roll: Got a couple of close to home trips coming up to test it out.
hottuna
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by hottuna »

Yeah Man,
It's not always practical to replace them. I've actually just built a new guide boat that has a spare transducer prewired in to as a back up.
We used to do a lot of remote exploratory stuff so it's tough on gear.
In the Kimberley's we've craned the boat up, dried the break with some acetone and prayed the repair would see out the trip. 12 months later after a full guide season they are still rock solid.
Bluewater Dreamin'
scottmac
Jedi Seadog
Jedi Seadog

Post by scottmac »

Got some today from Autobarn. Glued it together with the adhesive, then bit by bit put the powder around the join then more adhesive on the powder, rotating it so the powder didn’t fall off. Doesn’t look real pretty, but seems solid as.